Thursday 12 November 2015

Prickly Customer


Another new animal print I've been working on is of a patterned hedgehog surrounded by flowers and mushrooms. It wasn't too hard to choose the colours and mix them so I thought things were going pretty well. I screen printed the first ten hedgehogs to see if I liked the design and colours. 


Then I decided the hedgehog would look better with a plain face instead of a brown one. So I tweaked the artwork, printed out a new positive, exposed it onto another new screen and printed thirty hedgehogs with plain faces. 


Now I can't decide which hedgehog I prefer. Maybe the face should be brown and the spines should be white!

2 comments:

  1. I love the white faced hedghog! I saw your work in Design @ 44 when I was dropping stuff off last week and I LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Very nice to hear from you, glad you like the hedgehog!

      Delete