Monday 19 May 2014

Folk Art Forest at Prema Gallery






The new bird and flower designs I screen printed in March were for a small exhibition of my work at Prema Gallery in the Cotswolds. I enjoy working three dimensionally with paper and card so displaying my framed screen prints in large cabinets was the perfect opportunity to create a colourful installation. I managed to fill the cabinets with birds and flowers and even got to reuse some of the 3d Folk Trees I made for Unit Twelve Gallery last year. 

Prema is a lovely family friendly arts centre in an idyllic location not far from Stroud in Gloucestershire. They often have exhibitions by different illustrators and also have an amazing cafe with unbelievably good cakes so I was in heaven and can't wait to go back for another visit.



2 comments:

  1. Yay, we saw this in April & loved it! More folk art tree and flower installations please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie, I would love to do more folk art and flower installations, just need to find someplace nice that would like them!

    ReplyDelete