Thursday 25 October 2012

Shiny New Christmas Cards


Despite spending so much time on buses, trams and trains lately, traveling to various parts of the country to deliver framed prints for different exhibitions, I've managed to get a new card design finished and screen printed just in time for Christmas. Hopefully the cards will make it to a few of my favorite shops, galleries and craft fairs. I'm not sure if the colours are particularly festive but I wanted to try something different and also use the metallic purple acrylic which has been at the bottom of my box of screen printing supplies for a long long time. The metallic ink shows up well on the eco natural cards but I really like it on the brown kraft cards. This time I used A6 recycled card blanks and envelopes from 'Docrafts' which are about £5 for 50 so seem like good value for money. The brown kraft card blanks are from Fred Aldous in Manchester, it's a great art shop and definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment