Thursday 2 August 2012

Summer Screen Printing, Come Rain or Shine

Over the last year I've been spending alot more time drawing, printing and eating biscuits. So I'm looking forward to a chance to put both my 10 years of teaching experience and enthusiasm for screen printing to good use. On Saturday the 18th of August I'll be running a screen printing class at Birmingham Printmakers in Digbeth. 

Particpants will learn how to make a photo-stencil by coating silk screens with photo-sensitive emulsion, exposing their own designs onto the screens using an exposure unit and then washing out the designs.They will also use a vacuum bed and learn registration techniques to enable them to print a small edition of two colour screen prints. Hopefully there will also be time to take a look at contemporary screen printing and a selection of work by a few of my favorite screen printers.

If you ever want a screen printing class just let me know, karoline@chichira.com or failing that if you stand still for long enough I'll teach you to screen print anyway, whether you want to learn or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment